clock in 打卡
clock in/on (British English):to record the time at which you arrive at work, especially by putting a card into a machine (尤指用机器)记录上班时间,上班打卡
Variant: punch in American English
Don't forget to clock in,otherwise you won't get paid.
别忘了打卡,否则领不到钱.
keep one's shirt on 保持冷静
keep your shirt on:used to tell somebody not to get angry 别生气;保持冷静
Keep your shirt on! It was only a joke.
别生气!开个玩笑而已.
Keep your shirt on. He didn't mean to offend you. That's just the way he talks.
保持冷静,那只是他说话的惯常方式,他并非有意要冒犯你.
cool it!:used to tell somebody to be calmer and less excited or angry (用于劝说)冷静下来,沉住气,别激动,息怒
Cool it!You are driving me crazy!
冷静一点!你快把我逼疯了.
red-letter day:an important day, or a day that you will remember, because of something good that happened then 重要纪念日;喜庆日
This is a red-letter day for Susan. She made her first sale to a very important client.
今天是susan的大日子.她和一个非常重要的客户做成了第一笔生意.
go up in smoke: if your plans, hopes, etc.go up in smoke, they fail completely 告吹;成泡影;破灭
Peter's vacation plans went up in smoke when a crisis arose in the office.
办公室出了问题,peter的假期泡汤了.
hit the road 上路
We should probably hit the road. It's going to take us two hours to get home.
我们可能该上路了吧?到家的两个小时呢!
shape up 表现良好
shape up:to improve your behaviour, work harder, etc. 改善(行为、工作等) informal
If he doesn't shape up, he'll soon be out of a job.
他要是不改好,很快就会丢饭碗的.
You'd better shape up if you want to stay on.
如果你还想留下来的话最好乖一点儿.
scare the shit out of someone 吓死某人了
Don't sneak up behind me like that. You scared the shit out of me.
不要那样从后面突然吓我.你吓死我了.
pull strings 运用关系(源于"拉木偶的线")
He pulled some strings and managed to get us front row seats for the concert.
他运用关系替我们拿到音乐会前排的位子.
come clean 全盘托出,招供
The criminal decided to come clean.
罪犯决定供出事实.