您的位置 首页 少儿英语

不是运动迷,也能搞懂运动英文的巧妙

Call the shots – 发号施令(源自撞球)I'm stepping and calling the shots from now on. Everyone gets back to work immediately.我从现在开始要介入并发号施令,每个人现在立刻回去工作。Drop the ball – 犯错、搞砸(源自球类

Call the shots – 发号施令(源自撞球)

I'm stepping and calling the shots from now on. Everyone gets back to work immediately.

我从现在开始要介入并发号施令,每个人现在立刻回去工作。

Drop the ball – 犯错、搞砸(源自球类运动)

I can't believe I dropped the ball. I completely forget about Jessica's birthday.

我不敢相信我搞砸了,我完全忘了Jessica 的生日!

Down to the wire – 直到胜负分晓的最后时刻(源自赛马)

I know it's down to the wire and we only have one day to make this happen, but don't give up now!

我知道现在是决定胜负的时刻,我们只有一天的时间,但现在还不能放弃!

Hit your target – 达成目标(源自射箭)

If we work hard, we can still hit our target and sell more than last month.

如果我们努力的话,还是可以达成目标, 让销售成绩比上个月更好。

不是运动迷,也能搞懂运动英文的巧妙

Hit below the belt – 暗箭伤人(源自拳击)

I can't believe he went ahead and pitched the idea without us. That was a real hit below the belt.

我真不敢相信他背着我们提出这个构想,真的是暗箭伤人。

Take sides – 选边站、偏袒(源自团队运动)

You and Tom really need to sort out your issues. I don't want to take sides with either of you any more.

你和Tom应该要好好解决你们之间的问题,我再也不想偏袒任一方了。

Get the ball rolling – 开始某件事物(源自球类运动)

Let's get the ball rolling on moving the furniture. I'll grab the chairs.

我们开始移动家具吧,我来搬椅子。

Make the cut – 过关、符合标准、晋级(源自团队运动)

Congratulations on making the cut everyone. You three have been hired out of 40 applicants.

恭喜每个人都过关, 你们3位已从40个申请人中被录取了。

The ball is in your court – 现在该由你采取行动了(源自网球)

You can either sulk all day or go up and apologize to her. The ball is in your court.

你可以整天都不高兴或去向她道歉,完全由你自己决定。

Blind sided – 始料未及

I was completely blind-sided. I never thought she would do that.

我完全始料未及,从来没有想到她会那么做。

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/35086.html

为您推荐