大胃王系列 big eater/eat like a horse
take a big bite 大咬一口
She took a big bite out of the Big Mac.
她大咬一口大麥克。
pig out 猛吃、大吃特吃
She pigged out on desserts at all-you-can-eat buffet.
她猛吃吃到飽餐廳裡面的甜點。
polish off/eat up 吃個精光
He was starving enough to polish up the whole pizza.
他餓到把整個披薩都吃光了。
swallow 吞
He put a strawberry in his mouth and swallowed it without chewing.
他把一顆草莓放進嘴裡然後就吞了下去完全沒咬。
gobble up 狼吞虎嚥
The chickens in the farm gobbled up feed when the farmer fed them.
那些農場裡的雞狼吞虎嚥的吃著農夫餵的飼料。
gorge 塞滿
If you gorge yourself on unhealthy food like this, you will put on some weights soon.
假如你再繼續這樣吃不健康的食物,你很快就會變胖了。
gulp down 大口暢飲;大口地吃
Harry gulped down the soda and made a hasty exit.
哈利大口喝下汽水後匆忙的跑出去。
guzzle down 狂飲;猛吃
You must feel sick to guzzle down three ice creams at once!
一次吃三支冰淇淋,你一定會覺得身體不舒服。
小鳥胃系列 small eater/eat like a bird
grab a bite 隨便吃吃墊肚子
Ben often grabs a bite at noon at office days because he’s too busy.
因為班太忙了,他通常在上班日的中午都只有隨便吃吃。
nibble 小口地吃
I nibbled on some wine and cheese at the party.
我在派對只吃了一點點起司和喝一些酒。
sip 啜飲
Mary sipped at the hot Americano at ease in the afternoon.
瑪莉下午的時候愜意的喝著熱美式。
split the food 一人吃一半
To avoid gaining too many calories, I often split my food with my boyfriend.
為了減少熱量攝取,我通常都跟我男友分著吃。
挑食系列 picky eater
cut down on 減少…的攝取
I am trying to cut down on caffeine.
我正在試著少喝點咖啡。
pick at 挑食;不吃…
I can’t believe my brother almost picks at every kind of vegetable.
我不敢相信我弟幾乎不吃任何蔬菜。
吃飯的形式
treat somebody a big meal 請吃大餐
I treat my mom a big meal since yesterday was her birthday.
我請我媽吃一頓大餐因為昨天是他的生日。
go to a restaurant 去餐廳吃飯
Today is our one-year anniversary! Let’s go to a decent restaurant to celebrate it.
今天是我們一周年耶!我們去吃間好吃的餐廳慶祝一番。
order in 訂外送
My friends are coming to my house so we will order in some pizzas.
我朋友要來我家所以我們會定一些披薩來吃。
eat out 外食
My heart goes to eating out today.
我今天突然想吃外面。
whip up 隨意弄弄就吃
We barely have anything left in the fridge so let us just whip up something for dinner.
冰箱沒剩什麼了,我們就隨便弄點東西來吃吧。
warm up 熱菜
If you’re hungry, you can warm up the leftovers in the microwave.
你如果餓了,可以在微波爐熱點菜來吃。