联络窗口 contact person
(X) contact window
若你是公司中负责跟其他公司、部门联系的人,那你就是「联络窗口」,但这边的窗口不能直翻成 window,而是要说 contact person。
A: Hello, this is Cindy speaking.
A: 您好,我是 Cindy。
B: Good morning. This is Andy from A.C.E. Company.
B: 早安,我是 A.C.E. 公司的 Andy。
A: I’d like to inquire about the price of your components.
A: 我想询问贵公司零件的价格。
B: Oh, let me put you through to Ashley. She is the contact person responsible price quotes.
B: 噢,让我帮您转接给 Ashley,她是负责报价的联络窗口。
A: Thank you very much!
A: 非常感谢您!
你什么时候可以开始工作? When can you start?
(X) When can you on board?
面试快结束后,如果公司对你印象还不错,通常会问你「什么时候可以开始工作?」英文则会问 When can you start?。虽然常有人会把 on board 当成「上工」,但这个片语意思比较像「加入某个团队 (来提供你的专业)」,且 When can you on board 这句话本身文法也是错的,因为少了动词。
A: I admire your attitude! But just so you know, working in a restaurant is very tough.
A: 我很欣赏你的态度!但在餐厅工作很辛苦的喔。
B: I know, but I’m a hard worker and a keen learner. Thank you for giving me this opportunity!
B: 我知道,但是我很勤劳也很愿意学习,谢谢你给我这个机会!
A: Excellent. When can you start?
A: 很好,你哪一天可以开始上班?
B: As soon as you need me really.
B: 您希望我何时开始都可以。
A: Actually we are short-staffed, so it would be great if you can start from tomorrow.
A: 其实我们现在很缺人手,所以如果你明天可以来上班就太好了。
提交 hand in
(X) hand out
每天都被 deadline 压得喘不过气来吗?明天要交企画书、下周又要交报告,「交东西」的英文要怎么说呢?虽然是把东西交出去,但可别说成 hand out,hand out 的意思是「发放」,比方说发传单、发作业,那么把东西提交给同事或上层则要用 hand in。
A: Henry, I’ve read your proposal.
A: Henry 我已经看过你的企画书了。
B: Okay. Is there anything that needs changed?
B: 好的,请问有什么需要修改的吗?
A: Please revise the budget, otherwise we will be ineligible for some government funding.
A: 请你修改一下预算,不然我们没办法申请政府的补助。
B: Got it. I’ll hand it in to you by tomorrow.
B: 好的,我明天前会交给您。
A: Great!
A: 很好!
与我联系 contact me
(X) contact with me
工作时总是需要跟客户、厂商联系,「联络」的英文是 contact,「跟某人联系」不自觉就会让人想说 contact with sb.! ?但是注意 contact 是及物动词,直接说 contact sb. 就好,不需要加 with 唷!
A: Your speech is very inspiring.
A: 您的演讲非常具有启发性。
B: Glad to hear that.
B: 很高兴听到你这么说。
A: It’s a pity that the Q&A session is only 10 minutes.
A: 可惜问答时间只有 10 分钟。
B: If you still have any question, feel free to contact me. Here’s my card.
B: 如果你还有任何问题,欢迎随时与我联系。这是我的名片。
A: Thanks. That’s very kind of you!
A: 谢谢,你人真好!
请注意/留意… Please note that…
(X) Please be noted that…
在商务信件往来中,有时不免会需要相互提醒,「请 (对方) 注意/留意…」,很多人常说 Please be noted that…,但是注意 note 当动词时,就可以直接表示「留意;注意」,不需要使用被动语态,所以直接说 Please note that… 就可以啰!
A: Did you see the email?
A: 你看到那封 email 了吗?
B: No, I’ve been busy today. What’s up?
B: 没欸,我今天一直都很忙,怎么了吗?
A: The email said: “Please note that the company’s system will be down for an upgrade from 4 p.m,” and that we need to save everything and log out before then.
A: E-mail 说道「请注意公司的系统今天 4 点开始会进行升级」,所以我们必须在那之前储存所有东西然后登出。
B: Phew, thanks for reminding me, otherwise I would have lost all my files!
B: 呼,感谢你提醒我,不然我资料都不见啰。
A: No problem.
A: 别客气。
下一页投影片 next slide
(X) next PPT
在报告时我们常常会说「来看下一页 PPT」,导致英文简报时也跟着说 next PPT,但可是会让你的外国主管一头雾水。 「投影片」的英文是 slide,它也有「幻灯片」的意思,所以下次英文报告时,别忘了应该要说 next slide 唷!
A: Do you have any questions? All questions are welcome.
A: 各位有问题吗?有问题都欢迎提出。
B: (raised his hand) Would you please go back to the previous slide?
B: (举手) 你可以回到前面那页吗?
A: This page? about the application procedures?
A: 这页吗?关于申请流程的?
B: Not this, the next slide, please.
B: 不是,麻烦再下一页。
A: Okay.
A: 好的。