Hello
歌曲故事
《Hello》这首歌谈与情人分手后想起过去交往的种种,对于自己过去做错的事情以及错过的机会而感到懊悔,知道自己与对方已经没有任何机会,但还是想知道对方是否一切安然无恙。
go over something 检视、回顾某事
I was wondering if after all these years, you’d like to meet, to go over everything.
我在想在经过这些年后你是不是还愿意见个面,重温一切
I’ve gone over my essay several times, and I think my professor would love it.
我已经来回看我的论文好几次了,而且我觉得我的教授会很爱这篇论文!
Whenever I go over everything I’ve been through, I am truly happy for who I am today.
每当我回头看看我经历过的所有事,我真心为今天的自己感到快乐。
break one’s heart 让某人心碎
I’m sorry, for breaking your heart.
我很抱歉让你心碎了
The last thing I want is to break your heart.
我最不想要的事情就是让你心碎 。
tear apart 撕碎、撕裂
But it don’t matter, it clearly doesn’t tear you apart anymore.
但也无所谓了,很明显的我不再能够伤害你了
这里大家应该有发现一个小小的错误,其实歌曲里面常常有这种现象。 it don’t matter 其实应该是 it doesn’t matter 才会符合文法,在这里之所以会用 don’t 有可能是因为它比 doesn’t 少了一个音节,可以配合曲子,在这边听起来会比较顺耳一些。
Her breakup with Jay is really tearing her apart.
她跟 Jay 分手这件事真的让她四分五裂了。
make it out 挣脱出来
Did you ever make it out of that town?
你成功离开那个城市了吗?
I finally made it out of the place where nobody liked me.
我终于从那个没有人喜欢我的地方挣脱出来了。
Someone Like you
歌曲故事
这首《Someone Like You》用缓慢的琴声带入爱黛儿的浑厚歌声,同样是在与旧情人有关的悲伤故事,看着分手的情人已经找到新的归属,准备好要与新的爱人成立家庭,只好倔强的告诉自己没关系,告诉自己也可以找到一个跟旧情人一样好的归属。
settle down 安定下来
I heard that you’re settled down, that you found a girl and you’re married now.
我听说你已经定下来了,找到一个女孩并结婚了
settle down 这个片语在感情上,多指已经做好结婚准备
The playboy Martin finally decided to settle down with his new girlfriend.
花花公子 Martin 终于决定要跟他的新女友定下来。
out of the blue 突如其然、不在预期内的
I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited.
我讨厌不请自来地出现在这里。
I had plans for tonight. However, one of my high school classmates just showed up out of the blue. I had to cancel my plans with my friends.
我本来晚上有约的,结果有个高中同学突如其然出现,害我不得不取消跟朋友的约会。
never mind 不用放在心上
Never mind, I’ll find someone like you.
没关系,我会找到一个像你一样的人
never mind 这个片语根据使用的语气不同,也可以有「没关系」、「算了吧」等意思
A: Sorry I don’t think we suit each other.
B: Never mind, I wasn’t that into you anyway.
A: 对不起,我不觉得我们很适合。
B: 算了啦,反正我也没有那么喜欢你。
time flies 时光飞逝
You know how the time flies, only yesterday was the time of our lives.
你知道时间过得多快,我们的生活只停留在昨日
Time flies. We are no longer those silly girls anymore.
时光飞逝,我们已经不再是那些傻女孩了。
hold back 抑制、退缩
Ain’t like you to hold back or hide from the light.
这样退缩或躲藏并不像你
Betty kept trying to hold back her tears.
Betty试着不停的压抑她的眼泪。
Rolling in the Deep
歌曲故事
这首《Rolling in the Deep》就跟前两首歌曲差很多了,歌曲一开始就用强而有力的节奏震撼听众。虽然都是在谈旧情人,不过这次Adele唱出准备好要绝地反击的勇猛,在分手后终于看清楚旧情人的真面目,下定决心决定要让背叛她的旧情人尝到报应。
crystal clear 一清二楚
Finally I can see you crystal clear.
我终于可以把你看的一清二楚
crystal 作为名词时有「水晶」的意思,作为形容词时即为「晶莹的、清澈透明的」之意
Ken wants to make it crystal clear that he will never sign the contract.
Ken想清楚表示他绝对不会签这份合约。
sell someone out 背叛某人
Go ahead and sell me out And I’ll lay your shit bare.
尽管背叛我,我也会揭露你的一切
这个片语可以直接用中文的意思来看,把某人「卖掉」换言之就是背叛某人啰!
How could you sell me out! I thought you were my friend!
你怎么可以出卖我!我以为你是我的朋友!
lay bare 揭露
If you ever dare to betray me, I’ll definitely lay bare all your dark secrets.
如果你敢背叛我,我绝对会揭露你所有的秘密。
You reap what you sow. 自食其果
You pay me back in kind, and reap just what you sow.
你会好好补偿我,是你自食恶果
reap (v.) 获得、收到、报偿
sow (v.) 播种
由字面上来看可以看出来「你播种了什么就得到什么」,也因此延伸出「自食其果」的意思。
Be careful of the way you live your life because you reap what you sow.
注意你如何过生活的,因为你将自食其果。