致回头看,却发现爱情不在的人
Lost stars – Adam Levine
这首歌是曼哈顿恋习曲 (Begin Again) 的主题曲,由并魔力红5 (Maroon 5) 的亚当 (Adam) 所唱。作者在梦想与现实中无法取得平衡。他渴望爱情,但在审视爱情时,却发现他所想要的爱情早已不存在。当他回忆过去的点点滴滴时,即便是快乐幸福的回忆,也一刀一刀地刺痛他。
来看看里面一些最经典的句子吧:
Please don’t see, just a boy (girl) caught up in dreams and fantasies.
请别只把我视为一个沉溺于梦境和虚幻的男孩(女孩)
catch up (phrase) 叙旧;追赶
We haven’t seen each other for a long time. Therefore, we have a lot to catch up.
我们很久没有看到对方了。所以我们有很多东西要聊
Please see me, reaching out for someone I can’t see.
请把我看成,会向未曾谋面的朋友伸出友谊双手的人。
reach out (phrase) 伸出;寻找
If I reach out my hand to you, will you hold it tight and never loose?
若我把我的手伸向你,你会否抓紧并永不放松?
But don’t you dare let our best memories bring you sorrow.
但千万别让我们过去最美好的回忆带给你伤痛
don’t you dare (phrase) 不要、不准
Don’t you dare forget me.
你不可以忘记我
Turn the page, maybe we’ll find a brand new ending.
若翻过这一页,也许我们便能寻得一个全新的结局
turn the page (phrase) 翻页
Turn the page, you will find a new hope. Thus, you should never give up.
翻到下一页,你会寻得新的希望。所以,你永远都不应该放弃。
I thought I heard you call my name……
我以为我听见你呼唤着我的名字……
I think (phrase) 我以为
I thought you were a decent guy. It turned out that you were the one who’s behind everything!
我以为你人很好,原来一切都是你一手策划的!
致还在爱的人
Say something – A great Big World & Christina Aguilera
这首歌的旋律和用字,都非常简单。或许你没有听过「A Great Big World」这个乐队,但你必定听过这首歌。有时候,虽然你还在深爱着对方,但已经无法继续下去,却又不甘心放弃,希望对方说点什么去挽留。可是,你知道吗?现实是残酷的,你不想接受,却必须接受。
Say something, I’m giving up on you.
说些什么吧,我快要放弃你了。
give up (phrase) 放弃
Sometimes, you have to give up on someone. It is not because you don’t care, but because they don’t care.
有时候,你不得已要放弃某一个人。并不是你不在乎,而是他们不再在乎。
It was over my head.
这已超出我能理解的范围。
over one’s head (phrase) 超出某人的理解范围;跨越更高的职位
He was so rude to you. You should go over his head and talk to his manager.
他对你超没礼貌。你应该直接跟他的经理说的。
致不懂珍惜的人
Let her go – Passenger
最简单的道理,却是最难实践的。请认真看看在身边的他 / 她,还记得当初爱上他 / 她的原因吗?珍惜身边人,别等到失去才来后悔。
And you let her go.
而你却这样让她离开
let one’s go (phrase.) 让某人离开、忘记某人
It’s been almost ten years since she passed away. You should let her go.
她已经过世了快十年了,是时候应该忘记她了。
Staring at the bottom of your glass.
凝视你玻璃杯子的底部
stare at (phrase) 凝视
When I stared at your deep brown eyes, I saw nothing but love.
当我凝视你啡色的眼睛深处时,我只看到满满的爱。