I quit. 我不干了
A: Jeff, can you take the night shift today?
A: Jeff,你今天可以轮晚班吗?
B: Jesus, I’ve been taking night shifts the whole week… I quit.
B: 天啊!我这周已经都上晚班了耶…我不干了!
I don’t care at all. 我才不屑
A: Did you hear that Taylor and Tom broke up? I can’t believe it!
A: 你有听说泰勒斯和汤姆分手了吗?
B: You know what? I don’t care at all.
B: 老实说,我才不屑。
I’ve had enough! 我受够了
A: Hannah said she’s going to take a few more personal leaves. So you have to take her place while she’s gone.
A: Hannah 说她要再请多几天事假,所以你那几天要帮她代班喔。
B: I’ve had enough!
B: 我受够了!
I’m on my period. 我月经来了
A: Don’t piss me off. I’m on my period.
A: 别惹我,我月经来了。
B: Relax! I’m not doing this on purpose.
B: 放轻松!我不是故意要气你的。
Don’t be a copycat. 不要学我
A: Can I take a look at your logo design? I haven’t finished mine and the deadline is approaching…
A: 我可以看你的 logo 设计吗?我还没用好,而且时间快到了…
B: Yeah, but don’t be a copycat. I’m serious.
B: 可以是可以,但别学我喔!我认真的。
【世界毁灭】 愤世指数
What the heck? 现在是怎样(受惊吓、搞不清楚状况)
A: Hey, John. I saw your girlfriend with another guy. I feel sorry for you.
A: 嘿,John,我看见你女朋友跟另一个男生走在一起耶,真是为你感到难过。
B: What the heck? No wonder she keeps avoiding me recently.
B: 现在是怎样?难怪她最近一直躲我。
not again / come on 又来了
A: Rumor has it that we will have another no-pay leave.
A: 听说我们又要被放无薪假了。
B: Not again! Plans can’t ever keep up with changes…
B: 又来了,计画永远赶不上变化。
Stop messing around. 别闹了
A: If my mom forbids me to stay overnight at Coco’s house, I still wouldn’t go home tonight.
A: 如果妈妈不让我住 Coco 家,那我今天晚上也不要回家了。
B: Stop messing around! Your midterms are coming up soon.
B: 别闹了!你的期中考快到了。
Cut the crap! 废话少说
A: Joan, you must listen to me, everyone loves Donald Trump. He’s going to win the U.S. presidential election.
A: Joan,听我说,大家都爱川普,他一定会赢得美国总统大选的。
B: No, he won’t. Cut the crap!
B: 不可能,废话少说!
Don’t be so scheming! 不要心机这么重
A: I can’t believe Lindsay has so many fans on Facebook. She’s so fake! I’m going to show people her true colors.
A: 我不敢相信 Lindsay 的粉丝团有这么多人按赞,她很假掰耶!我一定要拆穿她的假面具。
B: Don’t be so scheming! Maybe she’s just lucky.
B: 不要心机这么重!她可能只是幸运嘛!
【让你也毁灭】 愤世指数
Suit yourself / whatever / up to you 随便你
A: What do you say about this red skirt? Or the pink one?
A: 你觉得这件红色裙子如何?还是粉红色的?
B: Up to you. I don’t want to stay here anymore.
B: 随便你,我不想再待在这了。
You’re driving me crazy! 你快把我逼疯了
A: Kyle, I know you are going to be late, but could you buy me an americano and a muffin at Starbucks? Oh, and on the way can you grab a sandwich and a banana from 7-11 as well?
A: Kyle,我知道你要迟到了,不过你可以帮我买一杯星巴克的美式咖啡和一个马芬蛋糕吗?另外,顺便在 7-11 买一个三明治和一根香蕉喔!
B: I can’t do so many things in 5 just minutes! You’re driving me crazy!
B: 我不可能在五分钟内做这么多事,你快把我逼疯了!
You have no taste. 你很俗欸
A: How do you think about me wearing Birkenstocks with stockings?
A: 你觉得穿勃肯凉鞋配长筒袜如何?
B: I’ve got to say you have no taste… none at all.
B: 我必须说你真的很没品味…完全没有。
Who do you think you are? 你以为你是谁
A: Men are more capable of taking the leading role than women for sure.
A:男人绝对比女人更适合担任领导者
B: Who do you think you are? Humans are equal, you shouldn’t have this kind of sexual stereotype.
B: 你以为你是谁?人生而平等,你不应该有这样的性别刻板印象。
You are such a jerk! 你好机车
A: Oops, it seems like you’ve missed the deadline for registration. See you next year! Don’t blame me!
A: 哎呀,你似乎错过报名时间了,明年见啰!别怪我没提醒你。
B: You are such a jerk!
B: 你好机车!