我们在说英文时,常常在句子前面停留很久,尽全力要让自己说得非常正确、深怕犯了一点小小的错就会被人嘲笑,太紧张的话脑袋甚至会一片空白,支支吾吾地让人不知道你在讲什么,变成一种恶性循环,这时候该怎么办呢?用些单字或片语把尴尬的空白填满吧!有自信的说出一些单字或片语,即使只是在拖时间,还是可以让你的英文产出更流畅、更像英文母语人士哦!
想要描述人事物时,可以说…
1. Sort of…
2. Kind of…
3. Like…
A: Where do you want to go?
A: 你想去哪里?
B: It’s kind of busy…a busy place in Taipei.
B: 我想去的是…它在台北,是个热闹的地方。
表达另一种想法时,可以说…
1. Actually…
2. As a matter of fact…
常看 TED 演讲或是一般演说的人一定知道,as a matter of fact 这个填补词超常用到的,它除了可以当作填补词,让讲者喘口气、想一想下一段要讲什么,还可以有强调的功能,一起看看该怎么使用吧:
3. To be honest…
4. To be frank with you…
5. In fact…
6. The fact of the matter is…
A: So do you want to go to the airport?
A: 所以,你是想要去机场吗?
B1: Actually, no! The place I want to go is in the center of Taipei.
B1: 不,我想要去的地方在台北市中心。
B2: As a matter of fact, no, I don’t want to go to the airport.
B2: 不是的,我不想要去机场。
B3: To be honest, I want to go to the place with the tallest building in Taipei.
B3: 我想去的地方有台北最高的大楼。
B4: In fact, I really want to go to the place with the largest theater in Taipei.
B4: 我想要去的地方有台北最大的电影院。
B5: The fact of the matter is I’m not going to the airport now.
B5: 我没有要去机场!
一时想不起来该如何说时,可以说…
1. How shall I put it?
2. What’s the word I’m looking for?
3. How can I explain this?
A: Do you agree with John’s opinion?
A: 你同意约翰的意见吗?
B: Well, how shall I put it? It’s really hard to say whether we should agree with him or not.
B: 该怎么说呢?我们真的很难说是同意他的意见还是不同意。
表达自己的感受或建议时,可以说…
1. What’s the best way to put this? (put 在这里就是 say 的意思)
What’s the best way to put this? You are so impolite!
我想要说的是,你真的很没礼貌!
2. What I’m trying to say is…
What I’m trying to say is I can’t wait to see your show tonight.
我想要说的是我等不及要看你今晚的演出。
3. Now let me put it this way…
Let me put it this way. All you need to do now is to lay a solid foundation in English, acquire a large range of knowledge, and grasp every chance to train your abilities.
这么说吧,我们现在所需要做的就是打下扎实的英语基础,扩大知识面,并且抓住每一次机会来锻炼自己的能力。
学会用英文表达自己的感受是很重要的,常常遇到有些人讲话太过偏激,甚至不知道已经冒犯到了自己,这时候就可以好好地跟他说「不」,一起来学习如何精准且有利地表达自己的不满情绪,把握超实用的 3 招技巧
想要阻止对方继续说话时,可以说…
1. look here, (name)….
Look here, Steely , old man, I’m very sorry, but I’m afraid we won’t be able to accommodate you any longer.
看着,斯蒂利,老伙计。真抱歉,恐怕我们不能再留你在家中住了。
2. Right then, (name)…
Right then, Andrew, I know your idea is great, but we can’t accept it.
好了,安德鲁,我知道你的想法很好,但我们无法接受。