哈利波特:神秘的魔法石
第一部要介绍的电影,当然是「哈利波特」系列的第一集啦!怎么可以不爱!不论是一开始哈利和荣恩闯不过去九又四分之三月台 (Platform 9 ¾) 而摔得四脚朝天、海格陪哈利到斜角巷 (Diagon Alley) 购买魔仗和猫头鹰嘿美、全体学生在开学宴会上根据分类帽 (Sorting Hat) 进入所属学院、城堡里不停移动的楼梯和会说话的肖像图、哈利惊险取得金探子 (Golden Snitch) 赢得魁地奇比赛,这些情节太经典了,每次看还是觉得不可思议! (自从看了哈利波特之后,每次任何变装都一定要扮巫师当妙丽!而且偶尔还会想说如果妙丽是主角的话会怎么样呢?)
Hermione: “Now if you two don’t mind, I’m going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed – or worse, expelled.”
Ron: “She needs to sort out her priorities!”
妙丽:「你们不介意的话,我要去睡了,免得你们又想出什么鬼主意来害我们送命,或是更糟,被学校开除。」
荣恩:「她还真分不清事情的轻重!」
come up with (针对问题) 想出
He has been stressful stressed since last night because he couldn’t come up with any ideas for his proposal.
他从昨天开始压力就很大,因为他想不到任何关于提案的想法。
expel 驱逐、开除
The student who bullied his classmates was expelled from school.
那位霸凌同学的学生被学校退学了。
sort out someone’s priorities 分清楚轻重缓急、决定优先顺序
Try to sort out your priorities. Which one is more important to you: buying a new scooter or saving the money to buy a car?
试着分出轻重缓急。哪个才是你最需要的,买一台新的机车或把钱存起来买车?
Dumbledore: “It does not do to dwell on dreams, Harry, and forget to live.”
邓不利多:「哈利,人不能活在梦里而遗忘了现实生活。」
dwell 居住
I’ve been dwelling in Taipei for 20 years, so I’m familiar with the city.
我已经在台北住了 20 年了,所以对这个城市非常熟悉。
dwell on 老是想着、缅怀
You should move on rather than keep dwelling on your previous relationship.
你该前进了,而不是一直想着上一段感情。
Dumbledore: ”It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends.”
邓不利多:「要挺身而出对抗敌人的确需要很大的勇气,但若是要挺身反抗朋友,却需要更大的勇气。」
a great/good deal of 许多的、大量的 (+不可数名词)
My mother doesn’t wear makeup often, but she still spends a great deal of money on cosmetics every month.
我妈妈很少化妆,但她每个月还是花很多钱在买化妆品。
a great number of 许多的、大量的 (+可数名词)
There are a great number of comic books in the library which really attract children.
图书馆里有非常多吸引小孩子的漫画书。
stand up to someone 勇敢抵抗、反抗某人
The workers stood up to the union, protesting the long working hours.
劳工勇敢起身反抗工会,抗议过长的工时。
Mean Girls 辣妹过招
说到这部,也超常在电影台重播的,绝对是每个女生心目中印象深刻的青春校园片之一 (小 V 以前都问在国外读书的朋友,学校是不是也有这种由金发 Regina 主导的、走路有风的小圈圈), 看四个女生互相勾心斗角,表面上笑笑但私底下都在说对方坏话,很多情节非常搞笑,同时也蛮真实,不同时期看这部片都有不一样的感触!另外,大家知道其实饰演 Cady 的琳赛萝涵和饰演 Karen 的亚曼达赛弗瑞都想演高傲的女王 Regina,而饰演 Regina 的瑞秋麦亚当斯一开始想演的是 Cady 吗?不过最后的定角每个人都太适合自己那个角色了,Regina 讲话真的是让人恨得牙痒痒的!
剧中的 Gretchen 一直说的 so fetch,其实是她自己想带起潮流的俚语,这里的 fetch 和 cool 或 awesome 的意思相同,就是「很酷」。
Gretchen: “That is so fetch!”
Regina: ‘Gretchen, stop trying to make fetch happen! It’s not going to happen!”
葛蕾琴:「这好正点!」
蕾吉娜:「葛蕾琴,别再以为 fetch 能引起潮流,它永远不会发生的!」
fetch
(v.) 拿来
My mother asked me to fetch a glass of water for the guest.
妈妈请我拿一杯水给客人。
(v.) 接…过来
I fetched my sister from the airport last night.
我昨晚到机场接我姊姊。
(v.) 卖得…多少钱
I was so surprised that the second-hand backpack could still fetch over NT$1000.
我好惊讶这个二手背包还能卖超过台币 1000 元。
Cady: “Calling somebody else fat won’t make you any skinnier. Calling someone stupid doesn’t make you any smarter. And ruining Regina George’s life definitely didn’t make me any happier. All you can do in life is try to solve the problem in front of you.”
凯蒂:「说别人胖,不会让你更苗条。说别人笨,自己也不会更聪明。摧毁 Regina George 的人生,也没有让我更快乐。你所能做的是试着解决你面前的问题。」
除了 thin 跟 skinny,还能用这些单字形容身材:
petite 娇小的
slim/slender 苗条纤细的
lean 瘦且健康的 (有肌肉线条)
lanky 瘦高的
纳尼亚传奇:狮子女巫魔衣橱
小时候大家一定玩过躲猫猫,也绝对躲过衣橱里面吧!电影改编自同名的儿童畅销书籍,故事的设定本身就非常吸引人,再加上电影中拍出魔幻的场景和刺激的探险,看完也好希望家里的衣橱可以通往纳尼亚世界啦!
Asan: “To the glistening eastern sea, I give you Queen Lucy the Valiant. To the great western wood, King Edmund the Just. To the radiant southern sun, Queen Susan the Gentle. And to the clear northern sky, I give you King Peter the Magnificent.”
亚斯蓝:「金光闪闪的东部海洋,我赐予给你,勇敢的露西女皇。伟大的西部森林,赐予公正的爱德蒙国王。耀眼的南部骄阳,赐予温柔的苏珊女皇。晴朗的北部天空,我赐予给你,伟大的彼得国王。」
glisten (v.) 闪耀、反光
glistening (adj.) 闪亮的
It’s really cozy and relaxing to picnic by the lush green meadow and the glistening lake.
在绿草如茵的草地和闪闪发光的湖边野餐,真舒服和放松。
valiant 英勇的
The man made a valiant attempt to save the kid who fell into the river.
那个男子勇敢地试图去救掉进河里的孩子。
radiant 耀眼的、光芒四射的
The radiant sun shined into the forest, making the scenery even more astounding.
耀眼的阳光洒进森林,使景色更加美丽。
High School Musical 歌舞青春
完全是青春的代名词啊这部电影!不敢相信居然已经 11 年了!超向往东高中 (East High School) 的生活,有派对、音乐剧、篮球赛等的校园活动,看 Troy 和 Grabiella 勇敢追逐梦想的冲劲和互相支持鼓励的甜蜜模样,而让这系列电影部部卖座的原因还有超好听的歌曲,每首都琅琅上口,一听到就能马上想到电影的那个场景,回忆真的是一秒涌现啊!像这首 We’re all in this together 绝对是在电视前一起跟着跳的!
Gabriella: “Remember in kindergarten how you’d meet a kid and know nothing about them, then 10 seconds later you’re playing like you’re best friends, because you didn’t have to be anything but yourself?”
Troy: “Yeah.”
Gabrilla: “Singing with you felt like that.”
凯碧欧拉:「还记得幼稚园的时候吗?见到一个小朋友,你也不认识他,但 10 秒以后,你们就像好朋友一样地玩了。因为你只需要做你自己。」
特洛伊:「对啊。」
凯碧欧拉:「跟你一起唱歌时的感觉就像那样。」
有关「回忆」、「回想」的动词除了 remember 之外,还可以用:
recollect 回忆、记起 (recollect 之后要接动名词 V-ing)
He really had a poor memory because he couldn’t recollect any name of his senior high school class mates.
他真的记性很差,他想不起任何一个高中同学的名字。
recall 回想、记得 (recall 之后要接动名词 V-ing)
I recalled running across my teacher on the street last month.
我记得上个月在街上巧遇老师。
look back 回顾
Whenever I look back on my childhood, I always think of my kindergarten teacher, Amy.
每当回忆起童年时,总会想起我的幼稚园老师 Amy。
to remind somebody of something 让某人想起某事
This park reminded me of my ex-boyfriend because it was the place where we met each other the first time.
这个公园让我想起前男友,因为是我们第一次遇见对方的地方。