Dad, I will flatter you today. 爸,我今天会好好地谄媚您。
flatter (v.) 阿谀奉承
For Father’s day, I bought you something nice with your money.
为了父亲节,我用您的钱买了一些好东西送您。
Dad, thank you for the best advice you’ve ever gave “Don’t tell mom.” 爸,感谢您给我此生最棒的建议:「别告诉妈」。
Appreciate all you’ve done for me and I love you. 感谢您为我所做的一切,我爱您。
Thank you for holding my hand when I need it. 谢谢您总在我需要的时后伸出援手。
Now that I am a father, I can see what a good job you did in raising us. 现在我自己当了父亲,我才知道您在养育我们时多么称职。
raise (v.) 养育
Recently, the father and mother have been recognized as equally important in raising infants.
最近,爸爸和妈妈在养育婴儿的议题上平起平坐。
You are the best dad in the world. 您是全世界最好的爸爸。
I am glad that you are my father. 我很高兴您是我爸爸。
How could I be so lucky to have a dad like you. 我是如此的幸运能有像您一样的父亲。
Words cannot tell how much you mean to me. 文字无法描述您对我的意义。
The only thing better than having you as a dad is my children having you as their grandpa. 唯一一件比拥有您做我的父亲更棒的事就是,我的孩子能有您做他们的爷爷。
父亲节经典电影
父亲节的娱乐节目想好了吗?小编推荐以下经典电影,在影片中可以深深感受到为人父母对子女深刻的爱!准备好卫生纸,在父亲节夜晚跟爸爸妈妈一起看电影吧!
Interstellar《星际效应》
“When you become a parent…one thing becomes really clear. And that’s that you want to make sure your children feel safe.”
「当你为人父母时…有一件事会变得显而易见。那就是你希望能确保你的孩子感到安全。」
The Judge《大法官》
剧情描述一对分别当律师和法官的父子,在多年感情不睦后终于相互理解的故事。虽然片名一点都不亲情,但却深刻描写父子之间的情感转折。
“Was I tough on you? Yes. I did what I thought was right.”
「我对你很严格吗? 是。 我只是在做我认为对的事。」
“We can barely stand the sight of each other.”
「我们根本水火不容。」
barely (adv.) 仅仅,勉强,几乎不
can’t stand the sight of sb/sth 讨厌某人或某事物
Aunt Susan can’t stand the sight of dogs.
苏珊阿姨很讨厌狗。