很有自信的川普
“The beauty of me is that I’m very rich.”
「我的美就在于我的财富。」
“It is very hard for them to attack me on looks, because I am so good looking.”
「他们无法抨击我的外表,因为我长得太好看了。」
“I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I’m more honest and my women are more beautiful.”
「我与其他候选人最大的差别是,我更诚实,而且我的女人们都更漂亮。」
*补充*
honest (a.) 诚实的
difference between A and B A与B的差异
What’s the difference between venomous and poisonous?
「有毒腺的」和「有毒的」差别在哪呢?
政治不正确
“I don’t have time for political correctness and neither does this country.”
「我没有时间顾及弱势族群的感受,美国也没时间。」
*补充*
political correctness (n.) 政治正确: 公开场合中的言词不可侵犯「弱势群体」,如不能冒犯少数族群、女性、同性恋者、不同信仰或政治意识的人⋯⋯等。
“What I won’t do is take in two hundred thousand Syrians who could be ISIS.”
「我绝对不会收留两万名有可能成为ISIS的叙利亚人。」
*补充*
take someone in (v.) 收留
Germany took in thousands of Syrian refugees last year.
德国去年收留了数以千计的叙利亚难民。
“If Hillary Clinton can’t satisfy her husband, what makes her think she can satisfy America? ”
「如果希拉蕊无法满足她的丈夫,她又凭什么认为她能满足美国民众呢?」
为自己申冤
“The media is so dishonest. If I make a statement, they twist it and turn it to make it sound bad or foolish. They think the public is stupid! ”
「媒体充斥着谎言。他们扭曲我的言论,让它听起来很糟或愚蠢。他们认为大众都很笨。」
*补充*
dishonest (a.) 不诚实的
statement (n.) 言论
twist (v.) 曲解
He twisted my goodwill into something mean. I was just trying to help.
他曲解我的善意,认为我图谋不轨。我只是想帮他而已!
既然川普认为是媒体操作让他的言论听起来很糟,那我们就来看看他如何为自己的失言洗白吧!吉米超好笑神扮演,千万别错过!